Phil Spitalny was born and raised in Chattanooga. He is a graduate of the University of Colorado, where he received a B.A. in Political Science.
Phil received his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia Law School in 2013 where he graduated cum laude. Phil recognized his passion for Criminal Defense work after graduation while interning for a Federal Magistrate Judge in Chattanooga's Federal Courthouse. He began representing clients of his own in 2014 at the Whitfield County Public Defender’s Office, and quickly gained a vast amount of litigation experience defending against allegations of violent crimes, sex offenses, DUI and drug charges, and property crimes.
In 2019, Phil was promoted to Senior Attorney in the Catoosa County Public Defender’s Office. Phil has a robust reputation for being unflappable while successfully fighting for his clients. He understands the turmoil involved with being accused, and enjoys helping Defendants and their families navigate each and every stage of the criminal process. He joined our office in 2023, and focuses his practice on Criminal Defense in both Tennessee and Georgia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Admitted to Georgia Bar, 2013;
- Licensed to Practice Pending Admission in Tennessee, 2022.
- Member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2014.
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Court of Appeals in Georgia, 2018.
- Member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.