When facing charges related to multiple DUIs in Tennessee, you need the knowledge of a skilled and dedicated legal team to guide you through the complexities of the legal process. At Best and Brock, our Chattanooga multiple DUI attorneys are committed to providing aggressive defense strategies tailored to your unique situation. We comprehend the serious nature of multiple DUI cases and are here to fight for your rights and a favorable outcome.
Call Best and Brock today at (423) 829-1043 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our multiple DUI attorneys in Chattanooga.
What is Considered a Multiple DUI?
A multiple DUI, also known as a repeat DUI, occurs when an individual is arrested for driving under the influence while already having previous DUI convictions. In Tennessee, the law takes multiple DUI offenses very seriously, and the penalties become increasingly severe with each subsequent conviction.
What are the Penalties for Multiple DUIs in Tennessee?
The penalties for multiple DUI convictions in Tennessee are substantial and can have life-altering consequences. These penalties escalate with each successive offense:
Second DUI Offense:
- Mandatory minimum of 45 days in jail, with the possibility of up to 11 months and 29 days
- A fine ranging from $600 to $3,500
- License revocation for 2 years
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID) required
Third DUI Offense:
- Mandatory minimum 120 days in jail, with the possibility of up to 11 months and 29 days
- Fine ranging from $1,100 to $10,000
- License revocation for 6 years
- Mandatory installation of an IID
Defenses Against Multiple DUI Charges
Possible defenses against multiple DUI charges may include:
- Illegal Stop or Arrest: If law enforcement lacked probable cause to start the traffic stop or arrest, we can challenge the legality of the entire process.
- Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs) Inaccuracy: We scrutinize the administration and results of FSTs, which are subjective and can be influenced by various factors.
- Breathalyzer Accuracy: We assess the maintenance and calibration records of the breathalyzer device, as inaccuracies can lead to false BAC readings.
- Miranda Rights Violation: Any evidence collected afterward may be inadmissible if you were not informed of your rights during the arrest.
- Rising Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) Defense: It can take time for alcohol to be absorbed into your bloodstream, potentially resulting in a higher BAC reading at the time of testing than when driving.
- Negotiation for Reduced Charges: We explore the possibility of plea bargains or reduced charges that can minimize the impact of a multiple DUI conviction on your life.
Contact Our Chattanooga Multiple DUI Attorney Today
Facing multiple DUI charges can be a daunting experience, but you don't have to go through it alone. Contact our Chattanooga multiple DUI lawyers today to schedule a consultation and take the first steps toward your defense. We will listen to your side of the story, explain your legal options, and work tirelessly to develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your unique circumstances. Don't wait – your future is at stake. Let us fight for you.
Contact Best and Brock today to get started on your defense with our Chattanooga multiple DUI lawyer.
- Team Oriented Representation
- Respected in the Legal Community
- Easily Accessible
- Well Trained in DUI Defense
- Personable and Thorough
- Experienced Litigators