At Best And Brock, we understand the seriousness of murder charges and the impact they can have on your life. If you or a loved one is facing murder charges in Chattanooga, Tennessee, you need a dedicated and experienced defense attorney. Our team of highly skilled lawyers specializes in murder defense cases, providing aggressive and strategic legal representation to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome.
Call Best And Brock today at (423) 829-1043 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our murder defense attorney in Chattanooga!
What is Murder?
Murder is defined as the intentional and unlawful killing of another person. In Tennessee, murder charges are divided into different degrees based on the circumstances surrounding the crime. First-degree murder involves premeditation, while second-degree murder does not require premeditation but involves an intentional act resulting in death. There are also other charges related to murder, such as voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter, depending on the case's specific details.
What are the Penalties for Murder in Tennessee?
The penalties for murder convictions in Tennessee can be severe and life-altering. In first-degree murder cases, the potential consequences include life imprisonment without the possibility of parole or even the death penalty. Second-degree murder carries a penalty of 15 to 60 years in prison. It is important to note that each case is unique, and the specific penalties may vary depending on the circumstances and evidence presented.
Building a strong defense is crucial in murder cases, as the stakes are high. At Best And Brock, we employ a comprehensive approach to analyze the evidence, examine the circumstances, and develop the most effective defense strategy for your case. Our skilled attorneys will explore every option to challenge the prosecution's case and protect your rights. Some common defenses against murder charges include:
- Self-Defense: If you acted in self-defense or defense of others, we will work to establish that your actions were justified under the circumstances.
- Insanity Defense: If you have a mental illness that affected your ability to understand the nature and consequences of your actions, we may pursue an insanity defense.
- Lack of Intent: If we can prove that you did not have the intention to cause harm or commit murder, we can argue for a reduction in charges or a complete acquittal.
- Mistaken Identity: In cases where mistaken identity is possible, we will thoroughly investigate the evidence and present a solid case to challenge the prosecution's claims.
Contact Our Chattanooga Murder Defense Attorney Today
When facing murder charges, it is crucial to have a dedicated and experienced legal team on your side. At Best And Brock, we have a proven track record of successfully defending clients against murder charges in Chattanooga and throughout Tennessee. Our attorneys will diligently investigate your case, challenge the evidence against you, and fight tirelessly to protect your rights and secure the best possible outcome.
Contact Best And Brock today to schedule a FREE consultation with our murder defense lawyer in Chattanooga!
- Team Oriented Representation
- Respected in the Legal Community
- Easily Accessible
- Well Trained in DUI Defense
- Personable and Thorough
- Experienced Litigators